Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Mudakkiya kaashu veruthe poyi....

Can you image entering a movie hall and sleeping of through the entire movie? Its not the first time I slept while watching a movie.. I have slept after watching half a movie.. But this one was different.. The movie started off with some old story and then came to the portion where the titles are displayed.. whatever they call that segment.. to be follwed by the current story.. By the time the titles we displayed, I declared that I am going to sleep and not watch this movie.. I had a nice sleep through the movie only to be disturbed during the interval by the ppl walking around to get snacks and packaged drinks. At the end of the movie I learned that my brother whom I have never seen sleeping while watching movies, however horrible they are, also slept during the second half.. And my mom said she didnt sleep only bcoz she was having the house keys in her hand and was afraid if she will loose them if she sleeps.. While walking out of the Shenoys theatre in Kochi after the second show on 16th of Sept, I could hear lots of ppl mentioning that they paid just to sleep... It was one of the Onam release mallu movie in 2006.. And I saw an interesting poster of the movie whihc said.."Mudakkiya kaashu muthalayi"(It was worth the money spend..) .. I am sure its not for the viewer..May be for the producer... And a question remains.. Why did the heroine of the movie, a pretty good actress with lots of calibre, agree to do such a character which was just not required in the movie??

Last Onam, pretty good movies had hit the theatres..and we had watched all 4 of them.. This time I have watched only 2.. After seeing the second one I felt that MahaSamudram was far far better.. But I have missed the two movies which are rated good by the viewers.. Keerthi Chakra and Classmates.. Dont know if I will be able to watch Keerthi Chakra as it was already shown in blr.. I am waiting for Classmates to be released in Blr...

No comments:

Post a Comment